Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
08-09-2022 05:22 AM
Good morning. I have an HP Officejet 3830 All-in-One Printer series which is compatible with HP Instant Ink. I wanted to register for the HP Instante Ink service but at the last step (when I send the request to print the final code to the server) it tells me that there is some problem with the server and it does not go on. It should be noted that the printer is set correctly on the Wi-Fi network also to print via the HP Smart app.
08-22-2022 12:23 PM - edited 08-22-2022 12:24 PM
Welcome to the HP Support Community
I understand you are facing an enrollment issue for HP Instant ink with your HP Officejet 3830 All-in-One Printer. Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.
Try using a different browser to complete the enrolment, (Ex: Chrome, Firefox, Edge)
You may also refer to the document -- Enrolling in HP Instant Ink
Also, Make sure the date and time on the computer are set correctly.
Try the below suggestions -
Restart the computer, printer, and router
- To resolve many connectivity issues, restart the computer, printer, and router.
- The following steps temporarily disconnect network and Internet connections and require restarting your computer. Complete any tasks or downloads in progress before you continue.
- Turn off the router by pressing the power button or disconnecting the power cord.
- Turn off the printer.
- Close all running programs on your computer, and then shut down the computer.
- Press the power button or reconnect the power cord to the router, and then wait for the Internet activity light to display a normal connected status.
- Turn on the printer.
- Turn on the computer.
- Try to turn on Web Services.
- If the issue persists, continue to the next step.
Let's disable webservices and re-enable it
- --->Touch on the wifi icon ((i)) on the printer, and take down the IP address
- --->Open a web browser (ex Chrome or Mozilla) and type in the printer's IP
- ---> click on webservices and remove webservices and re-enable it
- If the issue persists, then proceed with the next step
Update the printer firmware
HP regularly releases printer updates. Updating the printer firmware might resolve the issue.
- Click here to download and install the latest printer firmware from your product
- Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee