Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8710
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

My printer won't connect to the ink status all of a sudden.

So it won't print at all now.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@BBB777 Welcome to HP Community!

Use these steps to reset the printer settings to re-establish a network connection.

1. From the home screen on the printer control panel, swipe down to open the Dashboard, and then touch the Setup icon  .

2. Swipe up on the display, and then touch Printer Maintenance.

3. Touch Restore, and then touch Restore Factory Default.

4. Touch Continue on the confirmation message.

5. Wait until factory defaults are restored and the printer restarts.

6. Read and respond to the setup screens to set up the printer.

For more information on how to set up your printer on a wireless network with a Windows or Mac computer, refer to one of the following documents:

If the issue persists, click here to turn off the web service when done successfully, go ahead and click here to turn on the web services, and check if it works.

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I've done all of the above and all of what the website suggests and nothing. it wont re-connect to Instant Ink ...even though it has a wireless connection. I'm on a Mac 

HP Recommended

@Shaunaj1 Greetings from the HP Community!

Note: Please ensure the complete product name/number for a quicker response from the community, as we need to know what we are dealing with to provide an accurate solution: 

Click here for steps on finding the information we need!

Remember: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

And which version of Mac do you have? please elaborate on what you've done so far, as well.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.