LADYLACUNA
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP PRINTING GREEN & NEW COLOUR CARTRIDGE KEEPS TELLING ME TO RE-INSTALL

HP ENVY 4520
macOS 10.14 Mojave

i've received my new cartridges last week and when I insert the multi colour I keep getting error to reinstalling the cartridge.  I've done this over and over, and I've put the old cartridge back (which then works only problem is it's nearly finished as it only prints in green now).  what can be done to fix this?

I tried to restart and install new firmware but there is no update for the 4520 so - is this cartridge perhaps not active on the subscription?

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
11,967 11,947 794 788
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP PRINTING GREEN & NEW COLOUR CARTRIDGE KEEPS TELLING ME TO RE-INSTALL

@LADYLACUNA

Let's try cleaning the Printhead and align the printhead.

1. Load letter or A4, unused, plain white paper into the paper tray.

2. On the printer control panel, press the Down Arrow  to select Tools, and then press OK.

3. Press the Down Arrow  to select Clean Printhead, and then press OK. The printer cleans the printhead, and then prints a printhead test page.

Image: Example of the printhead test page without defects

4. Review the print quality on the printhead test page.

Align the printer

For best print quality, align the ink cartridges.

1. Load plain white paper in the paper tray.

2. On the printer control panel, press the down arrow  to select Align Printer, and then press OK.

The printer prints a test page, and then prompts you to scan the page.

3. Place the alignment page with the print side down on the scanner glass. Position it according to the engraved guides around the glass.

Figure : Place the alignment page on the scanner glass

Image: Place the alignment page on the scanner glass
  4. Close the scanner lid, and then touch OK.

Print another Print Quality Diagnostic Report, and examine the page.

• If these steps resolved the issue, you can stop troubleshooting.

• If these steps did not resolve the issue, and the Print Quality Diagnostic page does not show track marks or smears, skip to the step to replace the problem ink cartridge.

• If the Print Quality Diagnostic Report shows track marks or smears, continue to the next step to clean the area around the ink nozzles.

Keep me posted😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation