Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended

I bought an HP all in one for my daughter's 7 days ago. The computer was on sale because the warranty had run out. I set it up and installed all the updates, security, etc. I hadnt had a chance to mess with the comp yet so all that was additionally added was roblox. My youngest daughter had said there was an issue and i see the screen is black and will play sound but i couldn't get the picture to return so i had to reset with the button. While loading it showed a stop error: memory management. The computer went through the process of restarting to fix itself and the 2nd time there was a new stop error: 0xc000021a. The system attempts to repair itself but says its unsuccessful and keeps going through this loop. I did not set up a recovery point and ive tried resetting the comp to factory but it starts the process and says changes cannot be made. Ive run extensive systems tests and the system as a whole passes and every individual piece passes except for Hard Drive Optimized DST which says not available.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@ChristianHunter

Welcome to HP support community.

A Clean Boot will allow you to troubleshoot the 0xC000021A error in-depth.

1. Boot into your system
  2. Go to Desktop and click Start
  3. Press the Windows and R keys to open the Run utility
  4. Type msconfig
  5. Press Enter
  6. Go to the General tab, at the System Configuration window
  7. Click Selective startup
  8. Uncheck Load startup items
  9. Go to Services tab
  10. Check Hide all Microsoft services
  11. Click Disable all from the bottom right
  12. Go to Startup tab
  13. Disable all services listed there by doing: right-click on each and then click Disable
  14. Restart the computer.

Uninstall software or drivers

1. Restart the computer and press the F8 key before the Windows 8 logo appears. If the F8 key doesn’t work, try the F11 key.
  2. Click Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Startup Settings > Restart
  3. Press the F4 key to boot into Safe Mode

If you have the original disc, you can use it to boot into Safe Mode:

1. Insert the disc and reboot the system
  2. Press any key to boot from the media
  3. Click Repair your computer
  4. Click Troubleshoot, then Advanced Options, then Startup Settings, then Restart
  5. Press F4 to boot into Safe Mode.

You can refer this HP document for more assistance:- Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.