Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart 5520
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I have a photosmart 5520 printer that doesn't have any setup cartridges. is there a way to bypass this setup step?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@apple4me

We could try changing some settings in the Support Menu and then try using regular cartridges

Since these steps are specific to your printer, I have sent the instructions in a private message

Please check your private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile.

Next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope

Thank you 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

@apple4me

We could try changing some settings in the Support Menu and then try using regular cartridges

Since these steps are specific to your printer, I have sent the instructions in a private message

Please check your private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile.

Next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope

Thank you 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for helping me!

Worked like a charm!

HP Recommended

@apple4me

I'm glad you got this issue resolved

Do visit our HP Support Community and drop us a message anytime you need help

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Why not just post the answer so all can see it. This is a time consuming frustrating way to correct a problem of missing parts of our purchase. Just post for all \.....PLEASE. 

HP Recommended

@PoogieBear

Welcome to the HP Community

Could you please help me with the exact model name or the product number of the printer?

Each printer will have there own sequence to reset the printer which cannot be shared in a public post. Hence, reset steps are shared in a private message.

Keep me posted.

Have a great day!

Cheers 🙂

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

I have a 5520 inkjet printer that was passed on to us but did not have set up ink cartridges.  I would love to be able to use the printer but cannot unless there is some kind of by pass.  Could you please help me?

HP Recommended

@Skitter14

Let's perform a Trade OOBE rest on the printer.

I have sent you a private message, to reset the printer that cannot be shared in a public post.

Can you please check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

Keep me posted, how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thank you for joining the HP Community.

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Hi I’m having the same issue and no one is helping me can you please send me the solution 

HP Recommended

@Shyan1

I'll be glad to assist you with the issue you are facing with the printer.

Could you please help me with the exact model name or the product number of the printer.

Keep me posted.

Thank you for joining the HP Community.

Have a great day!

Cheers 🙂

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.