Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP Envy 7800
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Last week I was able to scan documents with the HP Smart app and now I am unable to. I also notice that I am unable to login in on the smart app when I try to sign in. There was an update on the printer but I don't think this will affect the online software. I have an account for about 3 years now so I am not sure what the issue is now. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Noodles38,

I'd like to help!

Try the below suggestions-

1)Uninstall HP Smart 

2)Install all the available Windows updates

If it is been a while since you updated your Windows, that is the main reason why Windows says your HP printer driver is unavailable. Here are the steps how to do a Windows Update to install all accessible operating system update.

If you are accessing Windows 10, then these steps are for you.

1. Hit the Start menu and write an update. After that, click on the “Check for updates” option.
  2. Tap on the “Check for updates” option.
  3. After clicking on that option, Windows will install the updates automatically.
  4. When Windows completes all its updates, start your computer again and attempt to print a file to check if your printer works.

3) try updating the printer's firmware - HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware 

4)Reinstall HP Smart

If the error persists, install theHP Easy Start (under the Software and Utility tab )and use HP Scan to scan a document 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply, I am able to connect to my printer now I just can't sign-in on the HP Smart App. I have uninstalled and reinstall and the same results. When I click to sign-in the window will just go white and stay that way. Now I know the tech I had chatted with had me test this on my phone and tablet but these devices are using a different app and not the same software that a web base ( PC/MAC )  are using.

HP Recommended

Have you tried installing the printer using HP Easy Start?

Let me know!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.