Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
hpdeskjet2655
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi my name Jagwinder Singh Johal[edit]  I have printer HP Deskjet 2655    this printer is not working no scan no photo copy and and not printing my document      please help me what I do to work my printer

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Tonajohal the first thing we need to do, is perform a hard reset on the printer to refresh all settings and here's how you do it:

Step 1: Reset the printer and check the power source

Reset the printer to clear certain error states by calibrating the scanner mechanism, and then check the power source to confirm the printer is getting enough power to operate the scanner.

1. Press the Power button to turn on the printer, if it is not already on.

2. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the printer.

3. Disconnect the power cord from the power source, and then wait 30 seconds.

4. If you previously connected the power cord to a power strip or multi-plug outlet adapter, reconnect the cord directly to a wall outlet to ensure the printer is getting enough power.

5. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer, and then turn on the printer.

• If the error no longer displays, make a test copy to confirm the issue is resolved.

• If the error still displays, connect the printer power cord to a different wall outlet to determine if the original outlet is causing the issue.

• If the error still displays with a different wall outlet, continue to the next step.

Step 2: Run the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows only)

Some scan error states might be resolved by running this automated troubleshooting tool for Windows computers.

1. Go to HP Print and Scan Doctor to download and install the tool.

2. Click Start on the Welcome screen, click your printer name, and then click Next to continue to the Finding and Fixing Problems screen.

3. Click Fix Scanning, and then follow any on-screen instructions to resolve the issue.

• If the error no longer displays, make a test copy to confirm the issue is resolved.

• If the error still displays, continue to the next step.

Step 3: Check the scanner bar functionality

Perform a visual test of the scanner mechanism to see if it is jammed.

1. Remove any original documents or photos from the scanner glass.

2. Lift the scanner lid slightly, and then press the Copy button or icon.

• If the scanner light does not move, the scanner mechanism is likely jammed. Contact HP to service the printer.

• If the scanner light moves but the error still displays, continue to the next section.

Additional troubleshooting

Depending on your printer model, one or more of the following tasks might resolve the scanner issue.

• Reinstall the printer software: Uninstall the existing printer software and driver, and then install the latest version from HP Software and Driver Downloads.

• Restore factory default settings: For printers with touchscreen or menu-based control panels, locate the Restore Factory Defaults or similar menu under the Setup or Tools menu.

Upgrade the printer firmware using the steps mentioned in this link: Click here

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep me posted, as I (Or a trusted colleague) shall follow-up on this case to ensure the concern has been addressed, 

And your device is up and running again, only in case you don't get back to us, first! 

That said, If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us, and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.