Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
OfficeJet 5746 All in one printer

Can anyone tell me if I have two different cartridges; one color 62XL and one black 62 will they work together?  Doesn't make sense that they shouldn't but the one I have from HP's Instant Ink program does seem to work?  HELP!

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@ar18233, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

HP OfficeJet 5746 e-All-in-One Printer uses HP 62 Black and HP 62 Tri-color ink cartridge. You may also use HP 62 XL ink cartridges. In this scenario, using one regular and one XL ink cartridge is fine and should not be an issue while printing.

XL stands for Extra large which contains more amount of ink than regular ink cartridges. There is no other difference.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Lunar your comments didn’t resolve my question. I know my printer takes 62 and 62XL. I purchased HP Instant Ink cartridges and the computer tells me to check the cartridge installation. I put the old cartridge in and it works. Now I have 2 HP Cartridges and one of the two doesn’t work. 

so no your solution wasn’t a solution 

HP Recommended

@ar18233

Is the printer enrolled in Instant Ink from HP?

Did you receive the Instant Ink cartridges from HP?

As the issue is related to Instant ink cartridges, I need more information to help you out.

Since the instant ink account details are confidential, please send me the required information via private message.

I am sending you a private message with the information required.

Keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yes I’m enrolled and yes I received the cartridges from HP

HP Recommended

Hi @ar18233

Please send us a private message with your Instant Ink account details or you may also respond to the private message I've sent out and I'll help you out, accordingly. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it. 

Let me know. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Kumar I did receive the cartridges thru the program and I am enrolled but not using the ar18233 ID 

HP Recommended

@ar18233

One of the cartridges sent under Instant Ink program is not working and giving you error. Is that correct? 

If you could send us a private message with your account details or printer's serial#, we'll ship you a replacement ink. 

Let me know. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.