09-20-2019 01:55 PM
My Printer is connected to the internet but on the Instant ink website it says offline. I contacted support but the agent just kept resetting the printer and still was not able to fix the issue
09-23-2019 05:01 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community.
Try rebooting the devices -
1) Turn off the Router, Printer, and the computer/ mobile devices.
2) Wait for 60 seconds.
3) Turn on the Router first and wait for all the lights to stabilize.
4) Turn on the printer and allow it to configure itself.
5) Turn on the computer/ mobile devices.
Also, try updating the printer's firmware. Refer to this document for steps - HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware
If the issue still persists, try re-enabling the Web-Services -
Step 1 Remove the Web-Services -
1) From the printer control panel, press the Wireless button and the Information button together to print the network configuration page.
2) Find out the IP address or hostname of the printer from the network configuration page.
3) In a supported web browser on your computer, type the IP address or hostname assigned to the printer.
For example, if the IP address is 192.168.0.12, type the following address into a Web browser: http://192.168.0.12.
4) Click the Web Services tab, and then click Remove Web Services in the Web Services Settings section.
5) Click Remove Web Services.
6) Click Yes to remove Web Services from your printer.
Reboot the devices.
Step 2 Enable the Web-Services -
Follow the same steps to access the Web-Services and try these steps -
1) Click the Web Services tab.
3) If prompted, choose to allow the printer to check for and install printer updates
4) When the printer is connected to the server, the printer prints an information page. Follow the instructions on the information page to finish the setup.
Once you have the "Claim Code", login to the Instant Ink account. Click on the notifications or the bell icon and then click on "Add Printer".
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee