Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet 2622 All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I would like to transfer the instant ink subscription from my old defective printer to the new replacement printer I received recently. The old printer had the free instant ink plan (15 free pages per month), but when I choose the option to 'Replace printer', it says an error has occurred. I see that the free plan is no longer shown in instant ink page, the cheapest plan is €0.99 per month for 10 pages. Is the issue due to this? What do I need to do in this case?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Adarsh_Bk

Welcome to the HP support community.

I understand that you want to replace the printer in your instant ink account, I am glad to assist you.

Follow these steps to keep your account history, rollover pages, and free trial months:

1. Make sure the new printer is HP Instant Ink compatible. If you plan to purchase one, look for the HP Instant Ink logo on the box. For warranty replacements, you will automatically be sent a compatible printer.
  2. Do not cancel your current Instant Ink plan.
  3. Once you have the new printer, log in to your account at hpinstantink.com and click Enroll/Replace Printer.
  4. Then follow the steps to complete enrollment of your new printer.

Refer to this HP document for further assistance:- Click here

Keep me posted.

If this helps, please mark the public post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply. But as mentioned in my original post, when I try the step 3 "click Enroll/Replace Printer" it says an error has occurred and nothing more can be done. It doesnt go to step 4 "Then follow the steps to complete enrollment of your new printer." which I am suspecting is because the free instant ink plan is no longer available here. So please let me know what else can be done.

HP Recommended

@Adarsh_Bk

To assist you better, We would need some information related to your Instant Ink Subscription. This information cannot be shared on a public post.

I have sent you a private message, reply to the message with your details.

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Keep me posted.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.