Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
hp envy 5020 all in one
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought a hp envy 5020 all in one printer last week and it has been working absolutely brilliantly in conjunction with the hp instant ink. When I tried to print my work off this morning I had to replace my ink cartridges, I followed procedure and done everything correctly. The printer Is now saying that the instant ink cartridges can only be used once the Printer is enrolled. the printer was enrolled and hp instant ink started a week ago. I am baffled and have tried everything. 

Please help or suggest something that can help me resolve this issue.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Ella57, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Are you using the Instant Ink cartridges that was sent to you from HP?

Which of the ink cartridges in indicated in the error?

As the issue is related to Instant ink cartridges, I need more information to help you out.

Since the instant ink account details are confidential, please send me the required information via private message.

I am sending you a private message with the information required.

Keep me posted.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I've had the same problem with my Envy 5030. I have the impression that the site for HP hardware and the site of Instant Ink somehow didn't communicate. Because the printer hardware was recognized by the HP (hardware) site and my account for InstandInk was recognized at the Instant Ink site. I could make a print with the hardware site on de Envy 3050, but the Instant Ink site could not connect to the printer. Maybe there's a connection with the new Apple OS 10.15 en new HP apps on the Mac. 

Solution:

- go to start at InstandInk site

- click replace printer at the Status area

- replace existing printer (the one that is not working properly) 

- when asked for the printer code or claim code: find it on the printer. It is the latest line in the configuration menu.

- you cannot print this code because InstandInk is still blocking the printer. Type it over on your Mac screen.

- after this the communication between InstandInk and the printer is established. And it's working again.

HP Recommended

@HEB1, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Glad to know that you found the solution and the issue is now resolved. Feel free to contact us with any concerns related to HP products.

Happy to help!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.