Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP instant ink

HP Recommended
Hp officejet 4630
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi I just picked up a printer at a thrift store that has an instant ink sticker on it and I want to do the program. The problem is that there  are not cartridges In the printer so It won't move past the screen that says "missing cartridges" and wont let  me pull up the wifi screen the connect to the internet. So is there absolutely no way for me to get my print code for hp instant ink unless I go buy a full cartridge just to get past the issue? I feel like they should know exactly what kind of ink it needs and send me a small cartridge of that kind so I can go online and properly set it up.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
11,985 11,978 751 913
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Michaila

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.

I would suggest getting the printer replaced from the store you bought it from. This model printer is not a new one and hence I suppose there were no ink cartridges available with the printer.

If the printer information page does not print, you may view the claim code on the printer screen. Refer to this document for more details. However, as you are not able to connect the printer to the wireless network due to the missing ink cartridges, that won't be possible.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation