Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
Pavilion x360 convertible (DESKTOP-34MA8KJ)

My laptop is the HP pavilion x 360 convertible (DESKTOP-34MA8KJ) and it is not connecting with the HP tilt pen. What should i do?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Shruti_098 

DESKTOP-34MA8KJ is the name of your computer - the default name, actually, given to the computer when you first set up the device.  If you like, you can change it to something you like better.

Change Your Computer Name in Windows 7, 8, or 10

The computer name is not the model or product number of your computer that identifies its "kind".

Find your computer model name / product number:

Finding your Product Name, Product Number, or Serial Number

Please do NOT post the serial number or any private information – we are a public resource.

If the HP Tilt Pen is compatible with your model at all, it might be necessary to update the HP Tilt Pen driver.

To know whether this is necessary, we need to know which version of Windows you are running.

Find and tell us:

Which version of Windows operating system am I running?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Device Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Device - Solve Problems

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Service and Maintenance Guide (Replacement Parts and Procedures), Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

Open Support Home

Enter the name of your HP device

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a volunteer community workforce dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You for the help.

If the answer helped resolve your issue, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

I'm using Microsoft Windows Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.508)

HP Recommended

@Shruti_098 

OK.  Thanks.

OS = Windows 2004

We still do not know the model / product number of your computer.

Guessing is not our best option.

Finding your Product Name, Product Number, or Serial Number

Please do NOT post the serial number or any private information – we are a public resource.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

This is what I found with the help of your links.

I believe this is the

Model:  HP Pavilion x360- 13-s104ne (Energy Star)

Product no : T1M32EA 

HP Recommended

@Shruti_098 

OK...

This is a bit disconcerting - I do not find evidence that this model supports the HP Pen.

The information that I can find says that this model is only compatible with two obscure and very hard to find pens.

I would guess, based on the apparent age of the model / series, that this data is correct.

Compatible (and long out of production):

HP Active Pen    J4R51AA (CAN / ENG, API)

HP Pro Tablet Active Pen  K8P73AA

What does that mean?

No "HP Pen" support for this computer.

If you can find one of the old supported pens anywhere, it might be worth trying that.

On the other hand,

I would guess, too, that the old pens might not be usable in Windows 2004.

I am sorry for that - I know you wanted a different answer.

Device Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Device - Solve Problems

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Service and Maintenance Guide (Replacement Parts and Procedures), Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP Pavilion x360 - 13-s104ne (ENERGY STAR) 

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

This is really unfortunate and disheartening that HP product is not compatible with a laptop with windows 10. It is a matter of only providing / adding a driver for the new products. 

If not then it is impossible to accept that HP products once sold will not be compatible with any new HP accessories released after the purchase of Laptop.

Please escalate with in your technical teams and advise a solution as we still have windows 10 with the latest updates on my laptop. I look forward to a solution rather than a justification for non compatibility.

HP Recommended

@Shruti_098 

It is not a driver issue - a new driver won't make the computer compatible with a pen not made for that model.

Your product introduced 2015

We are not HP - you know this.  We are a volunteer organization of owners and users of HP products.

Your ire is understandable - you have an older machine that you wish to make new again with updated software.

I will send for review and withdraw from the conversation.

Update

======================================================

Request for Review

• I have submitted a request that someone review your question / concern.

Worth Noting

• Our Community is not HP Technical Support, nor are we HP Sales or HP Service.
  • Our request for assistance on your behalf does not influence the outcome:  Our request is not a magic back door into HP Support.
  • The time frame (how long it takes) for a response is not controlled by the Community.
  • If / When there is a response, a Community moderator / agent will (should) post back on this thread before using other methods to contact you. 

Note to those reading:

• Do not contact random numbers posted in a public or private message by “new members”.  Vermin are looking for victims – don’t be next.
  • Please do not post any personal or case information here - we cannot make use of the data. 
  • Posting personal information at a public site increases your risk from rats and scammers.

Thank you for participating in our HP Community .

We are a volunteer community workforce dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.