Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
Unknown

I do not recommend buyig into this program. The instant Ink program shuts down your printer and makes you pay for 100 prints at a time or they freeze your printer....yes your printer. You are basically held hostage until you pay over and over again

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@jewell2525,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,

Let me explain you how Instant ink service works: 

HP Instant Ink is an ink cartridge replacement service.The plan charges a fee based on the number of pages you print each month and not for the Ink cartridges. 

Have you tried to cancel your Instant ink subscription? If so, then Once the Instant ink service is suspended you will no longer be able to use the Instant ink cartridges. 

You can’t use HP Instant Ink cartridges after you cancel your service. Why? Because Instant Ink is an alternate way to print, where you pay for the pages you print, not for ink cartridges. Just as with a cell phone plan you can only make calls as long as you are enrolled with your cell provider, you can only print with Instant Ink cartridges while you are enrolled in an Instant Ink plan. If you cancel, you must buy regular ink cartridges to resume printing.

If the issue persists, I would suggest you remove the ink cartridges from the printer and then perform a hard reset. 

Remove all the ink cartridges and then try to perform a hard reset on the printer.

With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

Remove USB cable, if present.

Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.

Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord and then plug back the power cord to the printer.

Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.

Now insert the ink cartridges and then try to print a test page and check if it works.

Let me know how it goes for further assistance!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@jewell2525,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,

Let me explain you how Instant ink service works: 

HP Instant Ink is an ink cartridge replacement service.The plan charges a fee based on the number of pages you print each month and not for the Ink cartridges. 

Have you tried to cancel your Instant ink subscription? If so, then Once the Instant ink service is suspended you will no longer be able to use the Instant ink cartridges. 

You can’t use HP Instant Ink cartridges after you cancel your service. Why? Because Instant Ink is an alternate way to print, where you pay for the pages you print, not for ink cartridges. Just as with a cell phone plan you can only make calls as long as you are enrolled with your cell provider, you can only print with Instant Ink cartridges while you are enrolled in an Instant Ink plan. If you cancel, you must buy regular ink cartridges to resume printing.

If the issue persists, I would suggest you remove the ink cartridges from the printer and then perform a hard reset. 

Remove all the ink cartridges and then try to perform a hard reset on the printer.

With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

Remove USB cable, if present.

Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.

Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord and then plug back the power cord to the printer.

Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.

Now insert the ink cartridges and then try to print a test page and check if it works.

Let me know how it goes for further assistance!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.