Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy Pro 6455
Other

Looking for help with my new HP Envy Pro 6455 printer.  The printer stays on 24/7.  Is there a way to turn off the printer when not in use?

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

@JBET82

Welcome to the HP support community.

You can set up sleep mode time for the printer to turn it off when not in use.

1.Open the embedded web server (EWS). For more information,

2. Click the Settings tab.

3. In the Power Management section, click Energy Save Mode, and select the desired option.

NOTE: If prompted for a password, enter the PIN from the label on your printer. It might be near the cartridge access area inside the printer or on the back, side, or bottom of the printer.

4. Click Apply.

You can refer page no.15 in this user guide for more assistance:- Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for the detailed instructions.  When I enter http://+my  IP Address, I get an error and it will not let me move forward because of security reasons.  Is there another way to shut the printer down.  Seems like a great printer but I'm puzzled as to why there isn't a power button.

HP Recommended

@JBET82

This might require one on one interaction to fix the issue.

I request you to talk to HP support.

They might have multiple options to help you with this.

1. Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true
  2. Select the country.
  3. Enter the serial of your device.
  4. Select the country from the drop-down.
  5. Click on "Show Options".
  6. Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

Just adding further that you may always power off the printer using its power button, which is located at the back of the printer if needed:

ShlomiL_0-1596598413368.png

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

After MUCH searching this was finally the answer I was looking for.  Thank YOU

HP Recommended

I can't seem to turn off the printer. The power button on the back doesn't respond. Also there is supposed to be a power saver function but I can't find it.

HP Recommended

Hi, I just purchased a similar envy 6032 printer that also stays on 24/7.  Customer support was not able to answer my question apart from unplugging it (wow, thanks!). So I'm supposed to crawl under the desk to plug/unplug it every time? Now that's what I call good design!!!

The 6032 printer has a ridiculous front light that changes colour depending on printer status which makes my room glow like a 70s disco and stays on in sleep mode all the time,  hence why I wanted to turn it off at night or when not in use. But yes there is an off button at the rear of the unit by the power cable - almost easier to crawl under the desk and unplug with my setup. Since you can adjust the brightness of the light in the settings of the printer, my hope is that they update the software so you can actuall turn off the lightit completely and possible be able to turn the printer off via it's app (that's my wish anyway) . Hope this is helpful to someone with similar issues. 

HP Recommended

hp envy 6455 printer how do i turn it off?

HP Recommended

Don't know where the EWS is.  Don't know where the settings tab is. If they are on the computer, give me a website, page, and icon. If they are on the phone, give me an app, and tab or icon. Can't even begin to follow your instructions. Post pictures is best.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.