Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 3830
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Printer Model: HP OfficeJet 3830

I have been enrolled in the Instant Ink program since I purchased my printer in July 2016.  My last cartridge shipment was November 6, 2017.  My black cartridge is now only 1/4 full, yet the 'Ink Shipment' page in my account says, "You should have ink available to install. Check around your workspace; it might have arrived some time ago."

I do not have ink available to install, because I installed it 14 months ago.

How low does the cartridge have to be before new ink is sent?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

https://support.hp.com/lv-en/document/c03760650#AbT4 

• HP monitors the ink levels when your printer is connected to the Internet and Web Services is turned on.
  • Replacement ink cartridges are automatically shipped when your ink cartridges have enough ink to print twice the number of pages included in your monthly plan. You do not receive replacement ink cartridges every month, but they should arrive before you run out of ink.
  • Replacement ink cartridges can take up to 10 days to arrive, which should be sufficient for customers with regular usage.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

More information than I asked for, and most of which I knew already, but thanks anyway.

However, am I to assume then, that when I no longer have enough ink to print more than twice as many pages as my monthly plan includes, only then  I will get a shipment?  If so, that's cutting it pretty close, because sometimes it takes a while for the cartridges to arrive, and I could run out of ink before then.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.