Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
Officejet 4650
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Purchased printer 2nd hand. Receive messag "Only one set of Instant Ink Ready cartridges can be used in a printer. Remove and replace with other cartridges." How can I disable this to use cartridges that I have purchased?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for clarifying.

Remove the tri-color cartridge and close the door, confirm any prompt and try printin or copying.

Once verifying printing with the black cartridge, you may replace the tri-color cartridge with a new trade one from any nearby stores to resume color printing.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

Instant Ink Ready cartridges are only included in the box of a new printer and cannot be purchased, or used on another printer.

Can you see Instant Ink Ready or Setup H  label on any of the ink cartridges?

Are those cartridges purchased from a nearby store by you, or from the previous owner with the printer?

HP Recommended

Can see Instant Ink Ready on the tri-color cartridge.Not on black cartridge.

HP Recommended

Thanks for clarifying.

Remove the tri-color cartridge and close the door, confirm any prompt and try printin or copying.

Once verifying printing with the black cartridge, you may replace the tri-color cartridge with a new trade one from any nearby stores to resume color printing.

Shlomi

HP Recommended

That didi it. Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.