Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
11-16-2022 02:21 PM - last edited on 11-16-2022 03:06 PM by RodrigoB
Hi, I have an HP OfficeJet 4656 printer and I just signed up for HP Instant Ink and received the welcome kit with 2 cartridges today. The color cartridge works fine, the black one doesn't. It prints pages completely blank (or sometimes with some marks). I don't think it's a problem with the printer because up to now it has always worked correctly. I do not know what to do. Is there a possibility to have another black cartridge sent?
11-22-2022 06:20 AM
Welcome to HP Support Community. This is a great place to post questions and find answers.
Thank you for posting your query. I will be glad to help you.
I see that you are facing cartridge issues with your HP OfficeJet 4656 printer wherein the black cartridge is not working.
Please follow the steps listed below to clean the electrical contacts of the cartridges:
1. Turn the printer on.
2. Open the door to access the cartridges.
3. Wait until the carriage stops moving before you continue.
4. Remove the cartridge indicated in the error message from its slot, holding it by its side.
CAUTION: Do not touch the copper-colored contacts or the ink nozzles. Touching these parts can result in clogs, ink failure, and bad electrical connections.
5. Remove any protective tape that still might be on the contacts.
CAUTION: Do not touch or try to remove the copper electrical strip.
6. Lightly dampen a lint-free cloth with distilled water, and then clean only the copper-colored contacts on the cartridge.
7. Lightly dampen a lint-free cloth with distilled water and then clean the electrical contacts in the carriage, located inside the printer.
8. Wait 10 minutes for the contacts to dry.
9. Reinsert the cartridge.
10. Close the cartridge access door.
You may also refer to the steps in this document
Let me know if this helps.
If the issue persists, then please get back to us in a private message in-order to validate the instant ink details.
I have sent you a private message also.
In order to access your private messages, click the Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Community profile Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!