Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
Hp Office Jet Pro 8715

Hi, I would like to know why I cannot use the Instant Ink service for my HP Office Jet Pro 8715 printer. When I bought it (2018) I could join the service, but now it tells me that my printer is "not eligible".

Thanks for your help

Original italian message:

Salve, vorrei sapere perchè non posso utilizzare il servizio Instant Ink per la mia stampante Hp Office Jet Pro 8715. Quando l'ho acquistata (2018) potevo aderire al servizio, mentre adesso mi dice che la mia stampante "non è idonea".

Grazie per l'aiuto

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Paciu, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

According to this page, Officejet 8710 series printer is eligible for Instant Ink service and Officejet 8715 belongs to Officejet 8710 series printer.

Try restarting the router, the printer, and the PC.

Restart the web services on the printer. Refer to this document.

Now, try enrolling the printer again. To know how, click here.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi @Kumar0307 and thank you!  

I will try to restart the web service and router. But I tried to register with the pc turned off, could that be the problem? 🤔

Thanks a lot. Have a great day you too!

HP Recommended

Sorry, could it be that the printer is not recognized because there is a cartridge inside that it cannot see?

HP Recommended

@Paciu

The ink cartridges installed in the printer will not affect or cause this issue. If you are still not able to enroll the printer in Instant Ink, please contact the Instant Ink team in your region for assistance. The contact information for the Instant Ink team can be found on its home page according to your region. Click here.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Ok! I will try to contact the Instant Ink Team.

Thank you very much!

Have a nice week!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.