cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
pinklady12345
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Hp run out of instant ink for my printer can I use normal cartridges?

HP Recommended

Hi, I've received an email telling me that HP can't send me anymore instant ink cartridges for my printer because they've had to close the place where they get them from due to Covid 19 and won't be charging me for 3 months. So that leaves me with no ink once I run out, so my question is if I buy ink for my printer that isn't instant ink then will it work with my printer and if so do I have to do anything, change settings anywhere etc to make it work.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
TEJ1602
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
18,899 18,877 1,561 1,574
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@pinklady12345, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Yes, you can but ink cartridges that are compatible with your printer and use them for printing. There is no need to make any changes on the printer or on your account.

I can check your account status and provide you more details if need be. We would need some information related to your Instant Ink Subscription. This information cannot be shared on a public post. I have sent you a private message, reply to the message with your details.

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Keep me posted.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation