Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended

I have an HP Instant Ink 50 page per month contract and pay on 19th of each month.  I haven’t used much printing for a while but now doing more and I can’t work out the deal with rollover pages.  My "print and payment history” shows

Printed Pages

69 total pages printed

as of 13 Aug, 2023 09:19

Plan pages 50 of 50 used

Rollover pages 19 of 56 used

Are all rollover pages charged or do I get any for free where I havent used the full 50 in previous months?

Id be glad of some help here as the virtual assistant on the website was no use!  Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Rollover pages

• If you do not print all your plan pages in a month, the unused pages are rolled over, and can be used in later months.
  • The rollover maximum balance depends on your plan pages.
  • If you downgrade your plan, you get a new rollover maximum. You lose any rollover pages over what your new plan allows.

Think of your Rollover Pages like a savings account. Say you only print 30 out of the 50 Plan Pages during your billing cycle. The remaining 20 pages will be “saved” as your Rollover pages. The next month, maybe you print only 10 Plan Pages so 40 pages will be “saved” as your Rollover pages, increasing that to a total 60 Rollover pages. Any amount under 50 Plan Pages printed will be added to the Rollover pages until you’ve “saved” a maximum of 150 Rollover pages. 

Currently you’ve only saved a total of 56 Rollover pages since starting your account. Let’s pretend you don’t print anymore pages this billing cycle. On 8/19, your Printed Page Count should reflect the following:

• Plan Pages 0 of 50 used
  • Rollover Pages 0 of 37 used

Hope this helps! Take care!

Cheers & Take Care!
HP Recommended

Thanks so much RJHogan523 for your helpful explanation - that sounds like what I expected but I just wanted to be sure I wasn’t going to get a massive bill at the end of the next month.  Really useful and I appreciate the quick response. 🙂 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.