Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
deskjet 2630
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought a printer an HP Deskjet 2630 recently and have been trying to find ink cartridges for it. Unbelievably neither the printer nor its cartridge (#304 on the box) appear anywhere i can find on the hp website. A case in point, the word 'Deskjet' doesn't appear in this site's spell checker!!! unbelievable.the whole HP support system is a total nightmare. If anyone out there can help Id be obliged, but I'm not holding  my breath....

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@songboy 

If you are searching the HP Store for the ink, the problem might be one of not having the ink in stock.

HP Store - UK - HP DESKJET 2630 ALL-IN-ONE PRINTER INK

At this writing, a quick check of the HP store in the UK shows only the regular size ink "in stock"  .

It's not impossible for me to check UK stores for the product.  I would guess you are more familiar with the merchants in your area and likely have an opinion about those with whom you wish to conduct business.

Not sure I understand if there is another part of the question.

I will provide information / link for the printer...

Where is the  HP printer support website for the Deskjet 2630 printer?

Printer  Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP DeskJet 2630 All-in-One Printer

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You for the assist.

Answered? Click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Ok, you say

"a quick check of the HP store in the UK shows only the regular size ink "in stock" "

What is the web address of that store and what is the number of the cartridge you are checking?

You think I haven't tried the rigmarole that is the HP website? why do you think I'm so agitated about it. The 2630 all in one printer read this well does not appear anywhere in the HP website that I can find neither does it's cartridge, which, from it's box is a #304 or304XL.. You give me the exact web address!

eeeesh!

HP Recommended

I cannot accept your response as satisfactory. there is no other optiion yu give if I do not want to accept it.. what use is that to me or any9one trying to find out what want to know?

HP Recommended

Aaah I give up.

HP Recommended

@songboy 

If you decide to not give up ...

The original link I sent you:

HP Store - UK - HP DESKJET 2630 ALL-IN-ONE PRINTER INK

The contents of that link:

https://store.hp.com/UKStore/Merch/Ink-Toner-Paper.aspx?query=HP%20DESKJET%202630%20ALL-IN-ONE%20PRI...

Scroll down to the "in stock" cartridge

Click on the cartridge link.

Thank you for participating in our HP Community .

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

OK I'm going to try and stay calm.....

I bought my printer, and needed ink (eventually) so I noticed the web address on the HP box the printer was delivered in. The website is www.hp.com/go/learnaboutsupplies . - Fine. Now, I assumed that I would be able to go to this website, and buy, from an HP sponsored or run supplier who would always be able to supply mej with the ink I need.

What I expected was to be able to go to this site and enter my printer details onto a search box, find the relevant ink cartridge(s) and buy them for direct supply to my home address.

What actually happened was that I entered the details of my printer and the site did not recognise it. DEAD END.

So I then tried all sorts of combinations of search and could find NO REFERENCE TO MY PRINTER.

After spoending hours on this little project I have totally given up on HP as a supplier of HP ink (you'd think you'd be the 100% reliable go-to guys to dop this, I mean, you are the manufacturer after all!)

I buy my ink from Amazon now. And I will never buy another HP printer and I will do everyghing in my power to discourage anyone I come across from buying any HP product.

Your support site is a byzantine maze of dead ends, your virtual sasistants are just that  - virtually useless, I could go on.

You  have lost me.

Have a nice day.

HP Recommended

@songboy 

OK, I understand.

The only thing I can think of is that for some reason you cannot use the provided UK Store reference to link to your cartridge information.

Admittedly searching for your printer ink does bring up a "different" printer in the main results - clicking on the cartridge should have provided the "compatible printers" list.

Reference:

Scroll down to the "in stock" cartridge

Click on the cartridge link.

Although I have no way to duplicate your results - I can find the ink reference.  That said, the only Black ink shows in stock.

So, yeah, I get it.  Having to purchase ink somewhere else is frustrating.

I will submit a request that someone take a look.

Should you wish to do so, you may ignore any further correspondence, of course.

===================================================================

• I will submit a request that someone take a look.

Worth Noting

• Please know that our Community is not HP Technical Support.
  • Our request for assistance on your behalf does not influence the outcome:  Our request is not a magic back door into HP.
  • The time frame (how long it takes) for a response is not controlled by the Community.
  • When there is a response, a Community moderator / agent will (should) post back on this thread before using other methods to contact you. 

Note to those reading:

• Do not contact random numbers posted in a public or private message by “new members”.  Vermin are looking for victims – don’t be next.
  • Please do not post any personal or case information here - we cannot make use of the data. 
  • Posting personal information at a public site increases your risk from rats and scammers.

Thank you for participating in our HP Community .

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.