cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
Margena
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

I just signed up for hp instant ink and am out of ink. New hp instant ink won’t be here for a week.

HP Recommended

I just signed up for hp instant ink and am out of ink. New hp instant ink won’t be here for a week. I need to buy ink now To print today. I put the #63 cartridge i just bought from walgreens and now it states that using this cartridge that i have to have today will mess up my instantink plan that i just signed up for this morning. What should i do, because i have to have ink today, not next week.

1 REPLY 1
Dragon-Fur
Level 16
Level 16
32,078 31,783 2,925 10,680
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Margena 

I cannot fully explain the statement

"will mess up my instant ink plan that i just signed up for this morning"

I think it means that your had "Instant Ink Ready" cartridges in the printer - when you enroll and the enrollment is activated, the "ready" cartridges become "Instant Ink" cartridges.

If it won't work:

I suspect the fix is to remove other Instant Ink cartridge(s) from the printer - use a full set of self-purchased cartridges until such time that you receive your supplies.  You might have to switch off web services for now, too.  

Using your own ink won't destroy the plan, but neither does using your own ink suspend any plan charges.  For example, If you end up being charged later for having used your own ink then create a new thread at that time and ask for help.  Experts cannot access your account, HP Agents can do so and will take care of whatever has happened at that time.

It might be true, too, that the printer will complain about you using your own ink - it should certainly allow you do do so.  If you have trouble, do try switching off Web Services.  This too, might cause complaining but the printer should work.

Personal Opinion 

Finally, just based on what I have seen on the Community, your initial shipment / kit might not be delivered right on time.  There are delays in parts of the world that have as much to do with things being shut down, overwhelmed, short staffed - things are in a bit of a tangle - be patient, in other words. 

Assuming everything works, that is, you can print using your ink - ignore everything else for the moment.  

Instant Ink information, including access to the all-important Terms of Service Contract

NOTE:  It is NOT necessary that you be enrolled to read the contract

HP Instant Ink - Main Website - Information, Enroll, FAQ, Terms of Service / Contract

Not your home site?  Click the Flag to change to your region.

Website Support Troubleshooting, How-to, Video Tutorials

Reference and Resources – (More) Places to find help, solve problems, and learn how to use your Printer

Printer Homepage – “Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

Open Support Home

Enter the name of your device

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology

Dragon-Fur

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation