Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Seriously? When did we get notice about this instant ink revocation of access to my print ability when a payment doesn't go through? My charge card was hacked and I had to get a new account. I have many things linked to that card and don't remember all of them. So today, when I'm rushing to print something and get out of the house my printer won't print continuing to tell me that there's a problem with instant ink. I never received any notice from instant ink that it didn't get payment. I had no idea that it wouldn't print if something was wrong with payment. I mean, I pay every month for hundreds of pages and I literally use maybe a hundred pages for the entire year, therefore I pay a lot more than I get in return. That's absolutely ludicrous that we have to continue to have the account to use up the rest of the ink in a cartridge. What kind of customer service is that? And when were we ever informed of this ridiculous concept? I have been an instant ink member for probably 10 years, and when I purchased the service, it was not ever stated anywhere that this was something similar to having a cell phone account. This was a method of getting people to continuously purchase and use HP products, it wasn't ever advertised as some kind of service that disables your ability to print and use the rest of the ink in the cartridge that you've paid for if you no longer wish to purchase cartridges through them or because of a payment snafu. And despite my being a very long time customer and dedicated to HP products I can't believe how disgusted I am today. To the point where I am probably going to never use the instant ink again, and very likely may get rid of all my HP computers and buy something from other companies as a result of just this one incident. Why? Because this was an extremely urgent and emergency situation, and I never received any sort of notice from HP at any point telling me anything about a failure to be able to charge my card! this is absolutely unacceptable for something like that to happen when very likely someone needs to print something in an emergency. The whole point of having a printer these days is when you have to print something in an emergency, so when you go to use it and it doesn't work when you paid for years for cartridges that you only get delivered maybe once a year, despite paying every month, it's fraud and highway robbery. This time it caused me to LOSE a client today. Way to go HP. I guess I really should start using Apple after all.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Lem113

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

This situation will need some additional support from our internal teams in HP. For that to happen, we will give you additional instructions/information via Private Message.

Please do check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day! 

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.