Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP envy 4520
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My printer could not connect to the service anymore. I am aware that the service cannot work properly if the printer has been offline too long. I called the support service and I was told that I had to install new standard cartridges to be able to use my printer, which I did. Of course I cancelled the service. Each time I print from my computer I still get message 'Connect printer to update HP Instant Ink status' and I need to go to the printer to press the OK button. Why I get this message even with the standard cartriges installed ? How can I fix it ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Rivuz

I have sent you a private message with the reset steps, specific to your printer. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.  

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Rivuz, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

• Make sure the service has been canceled. You may log in to your HP Instant Ink account page from here.
  • Both the ink cartridges used must be non-Instant Ink cartridges.

Reset the printer

1. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  2. Wait at least 60 seconds.
  3. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
  4. Turn ON the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
  5. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

Note: HP recommends connecting the printer directly to a wall outlet rather than a surge protector or a power strip.

If the issue persists, turn off web services on the printer.

Refer to this document. Try printing.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi  Kumar0307, thank you for your reply.

As I mentioned in my original post, the Instant Ink service has been cancelled

On the Account History / notifications page I see this entry :
    15 Jul 2020 HP Instant Ink Service Cancelled

I ordered directly form HP the two cartridges (HP 63 srv Ink Combo Kit) to replace the Instant Ink cartriges.

I tried to reset the printer following instructions you provided (even connected to wall outlet as you suggest)

I still have the message 'Connect printer to update HP Instant Ink status.' if I try to print or copy

web service is already off (from the HP ePrint button the only option I have is 'set up')

when I touch this it leads to a page 'HP connected terms and use' with buttons 'decline' 'accept'
even if I choose 'decline' it goes to a page that says 'Do you want to set up Web Services' with buttons 'no' 'yes'
if I choose 'no' it display an error message 'Setup unsuccessful'

From the EWS (embedded web service) it is the same, i.e. on the Web Services tab, the only option is 'setup'
(in addition there is the message -> Web Services Status : Not Enabled)

By the way, the firmware is up to date also.

Honestly, I had already done all these steps before, but I did it all again to make sure I didn't missed anything.

Any other idea ?

regards,

Rivuz

HP Recommended

@Rivuz

I have sent you a private message with the reset steps, specific to your printer. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.  

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you so much, the reset procedure you provided in the private message finally worked for my printer and that solved my problem.

Have a nice day !

Rivuz

HP Recommended

Hi @Rivuz

That's great! Happy to hear that. If you need further assistance feel free to reach out to us.

Have a great day ahead!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.