Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 4520 All-in-One Printer
macOS 11.0 Big Sur

I still get message 'Connect printer to update HP Instant Ink status' after cancelling.

I reset the printer following instructions found on HP Support website

I still have the message 'Connect printer to update HP Instant Ink status.' if I try to print or copy

I have to go to printer and physically press the OK button each time I want to print a document

web service is already off (from the HP ePrint button the only option I have is 'set up')

when I touch this it leads to a page 'HP connected terms and use' with buttons 'decline' 'accept'

even if I choose 'decline' it goes to a page that says 'Do you want to set up Web Services' with buttons 'no' 'yes'

if I choose 'no' it display an error message 'Setup unsuccessful'

From the EWS (embedded web service) it is the same, i.e. on the Web Services tab, the only option is 'setup'
(in addition there is the message -> Web Services Status : Not Enabled)

The firmware is up to date

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Happy63, Welcome to the HP Support Community! I’m here to help.

I understand you are not able to print after the cancellation of the Instant Ink service.

Are you using Instant Ink cartridges in the printer?

If yes, you will have to replace them. Use regular HP ink cartridges as Instant Ink cartridges will not work after the cancellation.

You may purchase replacement cartridges and other supplies from the HP Store or local retailers.

Hope this helps! Let me know how it goes. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Dear Kurmar0307,

I am not using instant ink cartridges in the printer.  I canceled instant ink over three years ago and have been buying regular HP cartridges from retailers ever since and still, every time I print I have to physically touch the OK button to get rid of the message and to be able to print each document.  It is very frustrating.

HP Recommended

@Happy63

In this case, kindly log in to your Instant Ink account to make sure the enrollment is canceled and the printer has been deleted/removed from the account.

You may log in to your HP Instant Ink account page from here.

If the issue persists, please reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region for further assistance. 

Follow the instructions below to reach them:

1) Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp

2) Select your product type below.

3) Enter the serial of your device. 

4) Select the country from the drop-down. 

5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences. 

6) Fill out the webform and proceed further.

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes, please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.  

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.