cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
headlee35
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

I t all started with me wanting to cancel my HP instant Ink and start using my purchased cartridges

HP Recommended
HP Office Jet Pro 8710

Because I am now working at home, the amount of pages I need to print is not supported feasibly by the Instant Ink program. I called support a week ago. They told me I could cancel my account and then install the cartridges.  I went today and bought the cartridges. I got online and an agent called me at home. He told me I could not use my printer until I paid the amount due. I said I would pay the amount due immediately. I need to print. He then wanted me to give my account information over the phone. I said, I was not comfortable with giving the information. I would pay online. He then told me ok, he will send me an invoice and that he need to access my printer. After following the instructions, he was unable to do what ever needed to be done. Then he wanted access to my computer!!!!  I was very uncomfortable with that. He said to shut my printer off and he would get back to me within an hour or two. He said all the techs were very busy. Was he not a tech? He wanted to access my computer.  

1. I have not received the invoice via email
  2. I have not heard back from Tech Jay [edit]
  3. I can not use my printer, which I need for my school students. I have hundreds of pages to print out before tomorrow. 
  4. I purchased an additional HP printer (ENVY 5052) as a back up to all my printing.  Glad I did not sign up for instant ink service, as it would be locked right now. 
  5. I was planning to re-enroll once school was over and the printing slowed down.

****UPDATE**** 

I was called from this Jay at 8:41 pm 

He told me he needed me to go out right now and buy a prepaid card, since I refused to pay my balance of my instant ink with a credit card to him. I told him I WAS NOT doing that and should never be asked to do something like this. I said that I would only pay online through HP with my current account. He told me, I guess you do not want to print again.  I told him I did not want HIS help and that I was contacting HP and the FTC, Which I did.  If this guy IS a tech with HP, he should be FIRED IMMEDIATELY.  The down side of him NOT being a tech. He some of my information. No banking or pass codes, But my email, phone number and address that I unfortunately supplied to him. 

1 REPLY 1
asmita6658
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
14,452 14,454 1,434 1,725
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @headlee35

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation