Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
officejet 6960 printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I want to Instant Ink reminders to stop displaying on my printer. The printer is located in another room. I wait for a document to print, when I still see it in the queue, I have to go to the printer and answer the prompt about registering in Instant Ink. I cnanot find where to turn this off. I don't have Instant Ink, I don't want Instant Ink. Please help.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hey there! @LLA11

If you have not enrolled in the instant ink services try the steps recommended below.

Disable web services on your printer and check if it helps.

If you have not done so, please stop Web Services on the printer.

HP Instant Ink > How to > Instant Ink > Manage Account > Turning Off Web Services

Optional - be sure Web Services is "off":

After you switch off Web Services, wait a minute and then switch off the printer.

Wait until the printer is completely shut down > wait a minute or two.

Switch on the printer.

Install all new HP ink -- replacing/installed "a" new ink won't do it -- all Instant Ink cartridges must be removed regardless of whether they have ink.

Refer this article to know more information about cancelling the instant ink account. Click Here

Hope this answers your query!

Take Care! 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.