Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
07-03-2022 02:56 PM - last edited on 07-03-2022 03:28 PM by MayS
I just need to know how to switch my 6 free months of instant ink to another copier that also has six months free instant ink I don't wanna have two accounts how do I go about switching the account I've already set up to the new copier?
07-06-2022 05:34 AM
@GB-SR, Welcome to the HP Support Community! I’m here to help.
I understand you need to transfer the free months to another Instant Ink account.
To assist you better, is this a replacement printer that you received from HP or is this a new printer that you bought?
If this is a replacement printer for the old one, we’ve made it easy to transfer your HP Instant Ink plan to a new HP printer.
Follow these steps to keep your account history, rollover pages, and free trial months:
- Make sure the new printer is HP Instant Ink compatible. If you plan to purchase one, look for the HP Instant Ink logo on the box. For warranty replacements, you will automatically be sent a compatible printer.
- Do not cancel your current Instant Ink plan.
- Once you have the new printer, log in to your account at hpinstantink.com and click Enroll/Replace Printer.
- Then follow the steps to complete enrollment of your new printer.
Important information about cartridges:
- A new set of Instant Ink cartridges will either be included with your printer or you will receive a shipment within 10 business days of replacing the printer.
- If compatible, you can also install any unused Instant Ink cartridges you may have on hand. If not compatible, please send any unused cartridges back in the included recycle bag.
- Any used cartridges you may have will not work in the new printer, so please send them back for recycling.
Hope this helps! Let me know how it goes.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee