Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 2632
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

Until recently my HP printer has been working fine, but upon turning it on recently it is giving a print cartridge error on the coloured inks. I have tried updating the firmware and followed the recomendations from the virtual agent but none of these clear the problem. Trying to clean the cartridges through the app just gives a printer busy error message and I am unable to print in black and white either because of the error.

I'm not sure if there is any coloured ink left, but the HP app says that no more ink will be shipped until the error is resolved....

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

Were you able to update the printer firmware?

Open the cartridge access door, remove the Tri-Color cartridge and close the door, you should now be able to print Black & White.

Print a Printer Status Report by holding the Cancel button for several seconds till the printer starts printing, what is the listed Firmware version under section 7?

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for the response. When originally trying to update the firmware it seemed to install without any issues (other than not fixing the problem). I have tried removing the tri colour cartridge and pressing the cancel button to print a page, however the printed page displayed a few black lines but no readable detail. I have tried normal printing in black and white with the cartridge removed and the printer operated but produced a blank page. I also tried the cleaning option, which didn't seem to make a difference. I'm not sure if the above is linked to the cartridge error, as the printer was working fine a few weeks back.

The HP app says the firmware version is TJP1FN1923AR which is the version downloaded directly through the HP app and released June 2019, i'd also tried  the download direct from the HP site beforehand which stated 9.5.3891.33.

Thanks

HP Recommended

So it seems there are quality issues using the Black cartridge.

How are the ink levels on the printer led screen?

Just to make sure the black cartridge doesn't cause the problem from the beginning, remove the black cartridge and insert the tri-color cartridge - may you able to print a printer status report using the tri-color cartridge only?

Next. contact Support from your HP Instant Ink homepage yo get a cartridge replacement, a Black cartridge would be required for sure due to print quality problems, and following the test above the Tri-Color cartridge will likely need to be replaced due to a cartridge failure.

Please follow below steps to contact HP Instant Ink support:
  1. Go to hpinstantink.com/signin(the HP Connected website) to sign in to your HP Instant Ink account.
  2. If a Virtual Agent button appears at the top of the page, click it and then type "cartridge problem" to get more help, or "agent" to speak to a live representative.
  3. To find a phone number for HP Support in your location, follow these steps:
    1. Click Contact HP Support in the Help Center area of the account page.
      Clicking Contact HP Support on the account page
    2. Select Chat Now or Get Phone Number (Chat is not available in all countries).
    3. Fill in the form and then click Chat Now or Submit.
    4. For phone support, call the number displayed and be prepared to provide the case number that is displayed on the contact page.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Thanks for the response. I tried removing the black cartridge but the printer then won't operate at all with the tri colour (cancel button doesn't even attempt to pull through and print a page). The black ink on the display appears to be almost full, but the tr-colour is shown as empty (presumably because it is showing as a cartridge error?)

I gave one of the live agents a go and they are going to ship a replacement cartridge, i'll let you know how I get on when it arrives!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.