Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
09-01-2020 11:43 AM
Hi - I got a random printing error about my ink (received directly from you) and I followed the instructions and the problem is persisting.
Error message... "Remove and install the indicated cartridge, making sure it is correctly installed. If this message continues to appear replace the individual cartridge".
Please can you help?
Thanks a million - G.
1 REPLY 1
09-03-2020 03:33 PM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:
- What is the printer product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824
- When was the last time it worked fine?
Meantime, please remove the cartridges, clean the electrical contacts with a Lint-Free cloth and reinstall the Firmly.
Then perform a Printer Reset
- (1) Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
- (2) Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- (3) With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- (4) Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- (5) Wait at least 60 seconds.
- (6) Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
- NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.
- (7) Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- (8) Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community.
If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".