Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended

I have the Incompatible Cartridges message. I always use compatible cartridges & just put new ones in, but the error message is still displaying.  Please help.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Bodel

Thank you for joining the HP Community

Could you please help me with the exact model name or the product number of the printer?

Did you try with the old cartridge or a different cartridge?

Keep me posted.

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

TH67I3D1R4

HP Recommended

have received new color catridge from HP under AC program but used after a month till then it was sealed pack. but its showing incampatible catridge and not allowing me to print

HP Recommended

@Akumarsh

Clean the electrical contacts

The printer might display an ink cartridge error if the ink cartridge contacts are dirty.

1. Gather the following materials:

• Dry foam-rubber swabs, lint-free cloth, or any soft material that does not come apart or leave fibers (coffee filters work well)

• Distilled, filtered, or bottled water (tap water might contain contaminants that can damage the ink cartridges)

CAUTION: 

Do not use platen cleaners or alcohol to clean the ink cartridge contacts. These can damage the ink cartridge or the printer.

2. Turn on the printer, if it is not on already.

3. Gently grasp the handles on either side of the printer, then raise the ink cartridge access door until it locks into place.

The carriage moves to the center of the printer.

Figure : Opening the ink cartridge access door

Image: Opening the ink cartridge access door.
  4. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.

5. Disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.

6. Disconnect the USB cable, if it is connected.

7. To release the ink cartridge, lift the lid on the ink cartridge slot, then gently push the lid back until it stops.

8. Pull up on the ink cartridge to remove it from the slot.

CAUTION: 

Do not remove both ink cartridges at the same time. Remove and then clean each ink cartridge one at a time. Do not leave an ink cartridge outside the printer for more than 30 minutes.

Figure : Removing the ink cartridge

1. Lift the lid

2. Gently push the lid back

3. Pull up on the ink cartridge

9. Hold the ink cartridge by its sides.

Figure : Hold the ink cartridge by its sides

Image:  Hold the ink cartridge by its sides
  10. Inspect the contacts for ink and debris buildup.

CAUTION: 

Do not touch the copper-colored contacts or the ink nozzles. Touching these parts can result in clogs, ink failure, and bad electrical connections.

Figure : Do not touch the contacts or nozzles

Image: Do not touch the contacts or nozzles
  11. Wipe the contacts with a dry swab or other lint-free material until no debris remains on them.

CAUTION: 

Be careful to wipe only the contacts. Do not smear any ink or debris elsewhere on the ink cartridge.

12. Dip a clean foam-rubber swab or lint-free cloth into distilled water, then squeeze any excess water from it.

13. Clean only the copper-colored contacts, then allow the ink cartridge to dry for approximately 10 minutes.

Figure : Clean the contacts

Image: Clean the contacts
  14. Lightly moisten another foam-rubber swab with distilled water, then squeeze any excess water from the swab.

15. Use the swab to clean the electrical contacts in the carriage, located inside the printer.

16. Clean the carriage contacts.

Figure : The carriage contacts

Image: The carriage contacts
  17. Let the ink cartridge sit for 10 minutes to allow the cleaned area to dry, or use a new swab to dry it.

18. Hold the ink cartridge by its sides with the nozzles toward the printer, then slide the ink cartridge forward into the slot.

19. Close the lid on the ink cartridge slot to secure the ink cartridge into place.

Figure : Inserting the ink cartridges

1. Insert the ink cartridge

2. Close the lid

3. The color ink cartridge is on the left, and the black ink cartridge is on the right

20. Repeat these steps to clean, then reinsert the other ink cartridge.

21. Close the ink cartridge access door.

Figure : Closing the ink cartridge access door.

Image: Closing the ink cartridge access door.
  22. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.

23. Reconnect the USB cable, if you previously disconnected it.

24. Turn on the printer if it does not turn on automatically.

Try to print.

Refer to this document: https://support.hp.com/in-en/product/hp-deskjet-ink-advantage-4530-all-in-one-printer-series/5447926... for 'Incompatible Ink Cartridge' or 'Ink Cartridges Missing' Error Displays.

Keep me posted, how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

HP 4527 all in one.  I inserted new cartridges 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.