Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
10-19-2022 05:11 AM - last edited on 10-19-2022 10:44 AM by Ric_ob
I have an HP Envy 4524 printer and have changed the cartridges today with my instant ink new ones. However I keep getting a message on the printer screen saying there is a problem and to remove and reinstall them. I have done this numerous times and tried turning the printer off and on but with no luck. I have noticed that the new cartridges sent to me are bigger than the normal ones which say 65/304 on them - these bigger ones say 65/304 and 65/302, although they fit in correctly, or appear to do. The sticker inside the printer says to use cartridge number 302. Can anyone help please? Thanks
10-20-2022 04:56 AM
Hi there - thank you for this advice (I have the same issue). How do I clear the error? My printer (HP Envy 5000) says there is a communication error (even tho' this is a legitimate HP cartridge that I was sent via Instant Ink) and won't print. Any advice gratefully received!
10-20-2022 05:34 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community
I understand you are facing an Ink Cartridge issue with your HP Printer. Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.
To assist better:
- Was there any recent update on the printer prior to the issue?
While you respond to that, Let's perform a power drain:
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Remove USB cable, if present.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
- Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
- Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle
Update the printer firmware
- Click here to download and install the latest printer firmware from your product
- Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.
If the issue persists, then please follow the steps mentioned in this document: HP Inkjet printers - Ink cartridge errors
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee