Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 7640 e-All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Changed black ink cartridge per message from printer "ink level too low".  No problem Instant Ink had sent me a new cartridge several weeks before.  Shut access door and attempted to print, but received message that my tri-color ink cartridge had a problem and to please uninstall and reinstall same.  (I was puzzled because I had just checked it's ink levels and was only half used.)  So, I uninstalled, reinstalled several times - gently cleaned copper contacts with distilled water and cotton swab, reset the printer (unplugged for 60 seconds) without success.  I finally contacted Instant Ink (I had no spare cartridge) and after wrestling with the useless Virtual Agent (no help at all) I was finally put into contact with Ian on "Chat".  I described what had happened and what I had done.  After checking my account, Ian told me he would expedite a new tri-color cartridge to me believing that would solve the problem.  I agreed to accept the new cartridge offered to me at no cost.  Deep down I doubted that the solution was on its way, 36 hours later I received the new cartridge, took a deep breath and prayed -- by golly, my printer is now back up and running as smoothly as it has been for the last 5 years!!   THANK  YOU Ian and Instant Ink.  FYI - I absolutely love my HP  printer -- has been very dependable and Instant Ink keeps me supplied with ink at a reasonable cost.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Thanks for the success story,  it is good to hear.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.