Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
08-25-2022 07:39 PM
I received HP 67/305 ink for my HP Deskjet 4155e/4100e. Keeps stating Error. Replaced with the original cartridge and there is no error. I think they sent me the wrong cartridge,
08-29-2022 08:41 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community
I understand you are facing an Ink Cartridge issue with your HP Printer. Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.
To assist better:
- Are you using genuine HP ink cartridges?
- Was there any recent update on the printer prior to the issue?
- Do you see any Error message on the screen which shows E1, E2, E3, or E4?
While you respond to that, Let's perform a power drain:
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Remove USB cable, if present.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
- Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
- Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle
Update the printer firmware
- Click here to download and install the latest printer firmware from your product
- Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.
If the issue persists, then please follow the steps mentioned in this document: HP Inkjet printers - Ink cartridge errors
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee