Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP Envy 5546
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi, I have a problem with our printer where it is saying 'Ink Cartridges Problem' constantly. I have installed new cartridges supplied from HP Instant Ink but still get the message. I was getting the message before the new cartridges were installed but thought the new cartridges would solve the issue. It hasn't. I have tried all the things it says to do, like cleaning the contact points on the cartridges and in the printer and also removing the power cord etc. That does not work either.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Just seem to go round in circles with HP Support but I have fixed it now.

It's been put into the bin, along with the HP Instant Ink subscription. Will ensure I buy an alternative make next. 

Thanks

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Hadge007, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

If you have tried the steps mentioned in this document and still have the same error even after using a new set of ink cartridges, this could be an issue with the printer. Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer. 

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Just seem to go round in circles with HP Support but I have fixed it now.

It's been put into the bin, along with the HP Instant Ink subscription. Will ensure I buy an alternative make next. 

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.