Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP 8710 ALL IN ONE PRINTER
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I keep receiving an error message for my yellow cartridge, to reinstall.  I have, and still the same error message. The cartridge is faulty, the virtual assistant does not help... I'm so annoyed at the runaround.  I have spent a fortune on subscription fees since 2016 and can't get any assistance.  how do I get a replacement cartridge pronto as I need my printer - my business is run from home.  

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi @Micjksn

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the  "Cartridge error" issue. 

Let's try a power reset on the printer-

Reset the product

• With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  • Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
  • Wait at least 60 seconds.
  • Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
  • Reconnect the power cord to the printer.
  • Turn the printer on. HP recommends plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet.

Try  step2 onwards in the document to resolve the issue -Error Indicates Faulty Ink Cartridge

Please send us a private message with your Instant Ink account details or you may also respond to the private message I've sent out and I'll help you out, accordingly. Check next to your profile name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

The solution did not work, I have replied with the requested information.

HP Recommended

Thank you, for sending the cartridge.  It was received and although it cleared one error message, it still will not allow me to print.  The NEW error message is "Cartridge cannot be used until printer is enrolled in HP instant ink".

It will not allow me to access the display on my printer, I have not only unplugged the printer, reset the router I have followed steps as far as I can - without access to the printer display.  I have a business and am now going into the second week without a printer/fax.  I NEED MORE HELP THAN, I am receiving.  My printer has been enrolled since 2016.  

HP Recommended

I have the exact problem, yellow cartridge and every thing.

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

I have tried each of the steps INDICATED as I stated in the previous entry... THE CHAT IS A NUISANCE... and does not help! I am so annoyed and if it isn't resolved within 24 hours, I will be purchasing a different brand.  I have a business and cannot be without my printer... it has been two weeks... MY FAX  and scan capabilities aren't even accessible... I can't even talk to anyone! So annoying, I can read and have already followed those instructions. .... on average I am printing over a thousand pages per month, with numerous faxes coming in... this is so frustrating! 

HP Recommended

I have sent you a private message with the reset steps, specific to your printer. Check next to your profile name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.  

HP Recommended

Tried the posted solution - did NOT work. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.