Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
Hp deskjet 3635 ink advantage
Unknown

I recently bought a HP 664 XL ink for my printer and it's not showing up when I insert it. What do I do? 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hey there! @Sabeena16,

Have you tried checking with a different ink cartridge?

Are you using HP genuine ink cartridges?

Try the steps recommended below.

The printer might display an error if the ink cartridges are not correctly installed. Remove the ink cartridges, check them for any plastic tape, reinstall the ink cartridges, and then try to print again.

note:

HP cannot guarantee the quality of remanufactured or refilled ink cartridges. Use genuine HP ink cartridges for good print quality.

1. If the printer is off, press the Power button to turn on the printer.

2. Open the exterior door.

Figure : Open the exterior door

Image: Open the exterior door
  3. Open the ink cartridge access door.

The carriage moves to the center of the printer. Wait until the carriage is idle and silent before continuing.

Figure : Open the ink cartridge access door

Image: Open the ink cartridge access door
  4. Press down on the ink cartridge to release it, and then pull the ink cartridge out to remove it from its slot.

Figure : Remove the ink cartridge

Image: Remove the ink cartridge

caution:

Do not touch the copper-colored contacts or the ink nozzles. Touching these parts can result in clogs, ink failure, and bad electrical connections.

5. Remove any protective tape that still might be on the nozzles.

caution:

Do not try to remove the copper electrical strip.

Figure : Remove the plastic tape

Image: Remove the plastic tape and do not touch the contacts or ink nozzles
  6. Hold the ink cartridge by its sides with the nozzles toward the printer, and then insert the ink cartridge into its slot. Make sure that the ink cartridge is inserted in the correct slot.

• The tri-color ink cartridge () goes in the slot on the left.

• The black ink cartridge () goes in the slot on the right.

Figure : Reinsert the ink cartridge

Image: Snap the ink cartridge into place
  7. Push the ink cartridge forward into its slot until it snaps into place.

8. Repeat these steps to replace the other ink cartridge, if necessary.

9. Close the ink cartridge access door.

Figure : Close the ink cartridge access door

Image: Close the ink cartridge access door
  10. Close the exterior door.

Figure : Close the exterior door

Image: Close the exterior door

Refer this article to know more information about ink cartridge errors with the printer. Click Here

Hope to hear from you soon!

I hope you have a great day! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.