Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 5540 All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Just ran out of black ink. According to my account, a black cartridge has NOT been shipped for months, however a colour cartridge was shipped recently and I have it. As a result, the HP automated help system sends me in an endless loop to check if a family member or neighbour picked up the cartridge they sent recently - i.e. the colour one that I have. It seems impossible to actually get support for this scenario - any ideas how I can get through to someone to explain?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

in answer to ur question...

Get out of inst.ink! Don't use HP Products. Customer Serv is very poor! Real people are very hard to contact. My printer and printing activities is at a standstill, until HP decides to replace their faulty cartridge. They won't rush ink, its been a week and they are just shipping. Will be out of commission until I get a new ink cart., as u can't use any other, while on this program. Very Poor set up. I would advise against it! I'm getting out as soon as carts. are used up. NO MORE! I'M DONE! That answer any questions. Going shopping! Need new printer (definitely NOT hp)

HP Recommended

@Will71 

Normally you can reach Instant Ink Support staff via your Instant Ink account dashboard.

It sounds like the auto-sensing on which the printer depends is not working as expected.

I cannot help directly - I don't have any access to your account. (I don't work for HP.)

The issue can be sorted - both for the looping message and the need for ink.

Request for Review

• I have submitted a request that someone (HP) review your question / concern.

Worth Noting

• Our Community is not HP Technical Support, nor are we HP Sales or HP Service.
  • Our request for assistance on your behalf does not influence the outcome:  Our request is not a magic back door into HP Support.
  • The time frame (how long it takes) for a response is not controlled by the Community.
  • If / When there is a response, a Community moderator / agent will (should) post back on this thread before using other methods to contact you. 

Note to those reading:

• Do not contact random numbers posted in a public or private message by “new members”.  Vermin are looking for victims – don’t be next.
  • Please do not post any personal or case information here - we cannot make use of the data. 
  • Posting personal information at a public site increases your risk from rats and scammers.

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up on a post to show appreciation for the help.

Answered? Click "Accept as Solution" to help others find a solution.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

@Will71, Welcome to HP Support Community!

To assist you better, We would need some information related to your Instant Ink Subscription. This information cannot be shared on a public post.

I have sent you a private message, reply to the message with your details.

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Keep me posted.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.