07-16-2019 07:45 PM
Hi I have tried THREE tricolor cartridges in my ENNVY 7640: they all come from HP and the system tells me each time that they are either "Used, Refilled or Counterfeit", they are not! They are brand new and from HP. They re in the right left hand compartment. I have tried cleaning the contacts on the cartridges and on the printer. I have reset the printer. Nothing works. This happened DURING A PRINT RUN which was going fine. Suddenly it refused to recognise the color cartridge only. The black it knows. (The tricolour and black each came out of the same packaging). What can I do. I can't print like this and I've tried every single suggestion? Please help!
07-19-2019 10:31 AM
Let's try these steps.
Remove the cartridges and clean the electrical contacts once again with a Lint-free cloth
Then perform a Printer reset
(1) Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
(2) Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
(3) With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
(4) Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
(5) Wait at least 60 seconds.
(6) Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.
(7) Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
(8) Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.
Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed
Next update the Printer Firmware from this Link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/HP-ENVY-7640-e-All-in-One-Printer-series/... and put back the cartridges
Keep me posted how it goes 😊
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.
I Am An HP Employee