soundvibes
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Insta Ink requirement

HP Laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I see in the agreement I must be connected to the internet>  Does this mean constantly?  I am portable and travel with my service and need to print at the job sight.  Will insta-ink disable me because I unplugged?  I need the internet where I go and will use my jetpack for access, but I need to know before I sign up if I can still be portable and print a few pages when away from home.  Thanks for any input 🙂

SoundVibes

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
6,907 6,910 646 741
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Insta Ink requirement

Hi @soundvibes

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

As I understand, you are trying to enroll in Instant Ink. Don't worry, I'd be happy to help. 

Internet connection is required so that the printer and the Instant Ink server can communicate with each other to update the pages printed and ink levels.

You don't have to keep it connected all the time but do ensure that your printer is connected to the internet whenever possible 🙂

Refer to this document for steps to enroll in Instant Ink -  HP Printers - Enrolling in HP Instant Ink

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation