Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP Envy Photo 6234
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, my printer is showing an error message saying there is something wrong with the black cartridge and I'm unable to print 

I've been through all the recommended steps to reinstall, clean the cartridge and the contacts, unplugged it and switched it off and back on again etc but none of this has helped. I

I'm getting the cartridges via the HP Instant ink service and it says that I can't get anymore delivered until I resolve the issue or replace the black cartridge - this is most unhelpful as how am I meant to replace the cartridge if you won't send out another one?

Can you please send me out another black cartridge so I can carry on using the instant ink service that I pay for?

Many thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@adamc43, Welcome to HP Support Community!

To assist you better, We would need some information related to your Instant Ink Subscription. This information cannot be shared on a public post.

I have sent you a private message, reply to the message with your details.

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Keep me posted.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@adamc43, Welcome to HP Support Community!

To assist you better, We would need some information related to your Instant Ink Subscription. This information cannot be shared on a public post.

I have sent you a private message, reply to the message with your details.

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Keep me posted.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Have replied to your private message, thanks.

HP Recommended

I also have the same issue. I've been using my printer fine for some months but suddenly the black cartridge is showing "Cartridge Problem". I have followed all the steps, including  updating firmware, resetting the printer and cleaning the contacts on both the cartridge and printer but I still get the error.

I have been sent a tri-colour cartridge recently but this has yet to need replacement. I have not been sent a black cartridge for some time but cannot work out how to get a replacement cartridge ordered using Instant Ink. Can I order a black cartridge out do I have to buy one independently?

HP Recommended

@Sidders69, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

What model printer are you using?

As the issue is related to Instant ink cartridges, I need more information to help you out.

Since the instant ink account details are confidential, please send me the required information via private message.

I am sending you a private message with the information required.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.