Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
Envy 5030

My problem with the color cartridge was solved recently in quote a short time, so thanks to HP Support. Now I have another issue with my cartridge - this time the black cartridge won't let me print anything by selecting only the black&white cartridge, even if I select "best" or "optimal" quality, I just get either something I can't read because the cartridge is as good as empty, or I get a page that has not one drop of ink. Instant Ink won't send me a new cartridge because apparently the cartridge is "full enough", so I'm sitting here not knowing what to do. It used to work but now nothing's working. Can anyone help me? I can't go printing everything in color. 

Thanks in advance. 

Here's what it shows on the HP Smart App: 

Screenshot_20210728_115206_com.hp.printercontrol.jpg

Here it says the black cartridge is not needed to be replaced with a new one: 

Screenshot_20210728_115542.jpg

I tried cleaning the cartridge, did anything I could to "renew" it but nothing seems to be working. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Caltinay

Welcome to HP Support Community

I would like to help

I have sent you a private message. Please check your Inbox

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Caltinay

Welcome to HP Support Community

I would like to help

I have sent you a private message. Please check your Inbox

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, thank you for your message, I recently received the replacement for the empty cartridge. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.