Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 3755
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Yesterday I downloaded the Instant Ink security breach firmware update. Today I wanted to double check everything was OK, but for some reason now I cannot connect my mobile hotspot and the printer to my computer's wifi at the same time. This has never happened before. I have no idea have to fix this and am concerned that the firmware update did not reach the printer. Not to mention I can't print. What should I do?

Two hours later: I found a USB cord, connected the printer, ran the update again and my status shows up-to-date. I hope it is. Don't want to get to November 15 and get a "you've been cut off" message from Instant Ink. It would be nice to get some kind of "successful update" confirmation from HP.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@PickyPicky, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

You may print a printer status report to check the firmware version installed on the printer

Press and hold the Cancel button  for 3 seconds.

A Printer Status Report prints.

The latest version available is 2020B_2022A.

If the printer has the latest firmware installed, not to worry, in this case, the Instant Ink account will not be affected.

Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Kumar - Thank you for understanding exactly what I needed. My results:

Printer Status Report

7. Firmware Version: LYM1FN2020BR

Close, but not exact.

Please let me know.

HP Recommended

@PickyPicky

Version 2020Bx is the latest version available. Your printer is up to date. You need not worry, your Instant Ink account will not be affected. 

Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

OK, if you say that Bx  and BR are the same version, I believe you. 🙂 I'm the type that always worries about details.

Thanks again.

HP Recommended

@PickyPicky

Here 'x' represents any character. 2020B followed by any character belongs to the same batch of the firmware.

Hope this answers your query.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

👍

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.