Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
08-24-2022 10:42 AM - last edited on 08-24-2022 10:50 AM by MayS
My Black instant ink cartridge is out of ink, it shows in the app as having ink in it so I've not recevied a replacement yet, how can I get a new carteidge? The last 2 pages I've printed I can only see the parts that are printed in colour, the black text is just printing parts of the text, I've tried photocopying a text document using "colour" & this also works so fairly sure it's just out of black ink.
I've tried going through the virtual assistant & the final step is to return the printer, I just need a new instant ink cartridge to be issued but can't find a way to request one! Can anyone help please with either an email addres or teleohone number I can contact?
08-27-2022 10:55 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community.
I understand that you are facing issues with the black ink cartridge. I'd like to help!
In this scenario, I would need to know a few details regarding your Instant ink account to help you get the ink cartridges sorted.
Since the instant ink account details are confidential, please send me the required information via private message.
I am sending you a private message with the information required. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.
Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile,
Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.
Meanwhile, follow the steps below.
- Clean the ink cartridge and carriage electrical contacts
- Remove any debris or buildup from the contacts on the cartridges and in the carriage.
- Open the door or lid to the cartridge access area. Wait until the carriage stops moving before continuing.
- Remove the cartridge indicated in the error message from the carriage.
- Carriages with cartridge latches: Open the latch, and then pull the cartridge up and out of the slot.
- Carriages without cartridge latches: Gently press down on the cartridge to release it, and then pull it out of the slot.
Holding the cartridge by the sides, remove any protective tape that still might be on the contacts.
Do not touch the ink nozzles or the copper-colored electrical strip. Touching or trying to remove these parts can result in clogs, ink failure, and bad electrical connections.
Lightly dampen a lint-free cloth with distilled water, and then wipe the copper-colored contacts on the cartridge.
- Lightly dampen a lint-free cloth or swab with distilled water, and then clean the electrical contacts in the carriage.
- Wait 10 minutes for the contacts to dry, and then reinsert the cartridge into its color-coded slot.
- Repeat these steps for the other cartridge if it was indicated in the error message.
- Close the door or lid to the cartridge access area.
- If the error persists, clean the cartridge and carriage contacts a second time.
I hope this helps resolve this issue completely,
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping
I am an HP Employee