Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended

Hi.  I have a question in regards to my instant ink plan.  I'm very confused why my plan limits how much pages I can print.  The reason I'm asking this question is I have been a subscriber to instant ink since January 2018.  Since January 2018 I've only gotten two black cartridges sent and the original color cartridge sent.  HP Instant Ink has still billed my account monthly since January 2018.  Therefore I have spent about $180 for 3 ink cartridges in three years.  So why am I being limited for the amount of pages I can print.  I do not understand the page count limit when I have obviously not used up that much ink since I've only gotten those three cartridges in 3 years.  

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@rofu05 

The Instant Ink Service is a Print-by-Page subscription.

Ink is supplied at no extra cost to the subscription during the time the plan is active.

Those who save money on the plan are usually those who print regularly and print dense content (full documents, photos).  Examples include;  Large families, teachers, professionals, small home offices, artists.

Ink is sent to the subscriber as needed - it is not a monthly "free ink" plan where you receive ink on a schedule.  To reduce the number of times a subscriber needs ink, Instant Ink cartridges are larger (hold more ink) than do non-Instant Ink cartridges.

All the information you need to understand the plan is available at the Instant Website and in your regional Terms of Service Contract.

Reminders

• If you choose to cancel, be very sure to read the section on Cancellation in your Terms of Service Contract.
  • If you have questions, contact Instant Ink support via your Instant Ink Account or at the Website (or in your Contract).

Things that are Instant Ink 

HP Instant Ink - Main Website - Information, Enroll, FAQ, Terms of Service / Contract

Not your home site?  Click the Flag to change to your region.

Need Help?

Phone contact, where available, will be posted on the main website (front page).  For example, look for the contact number in the blue ribbon just beneath the introduction section / image.

Of Interest…

• Section Check to see if your HP printer works with Instant Ink
  • FAQ section > READ How does HP Instant Ink work?  Important:  Be sure to read all the FAQ sections.
  • The all-important Contract > Link is located below the FAQ section > Terms of Service Contract

NOTES: 

• It is NOT necessary that you be enrolled to read the contract
  • Contract:  Open the main website > Change region / flag > scroll down just past the FAQ
  • The Terms of Service contract also provides contact information, usually in the very first section.

Examples

Instant Ink - Terms of Service - USA

Instant Ink – Terms of Service - UK

TERMINI DI SERVIZIO DI HP INSTANT INK - Italy 

Instant Ink - Terms of Service - Ireland

CONDITIONS GENERALES D’UTILISATION DU SERVICE HP INSTANT INK - France

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a volunteer community workforce dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You for the help.

If the answer helped resolve your issue, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

The instant ink plan name implies that you are paying for getting ink.  No where did I say it was a free ink plan.  Obviously my monthly payments are going to pay for the ink.  I'm just saying I have paid $5 a month for the past 3 years ($180) for 3 ink cartridges.  I shouldn't be limited per page that I print because I'm not paying for paper.  I shouldn't be limited on how much pages I print per month, also not every page uses the same amount of ink.  So I can print a page that has only couple lines, but it will still count the same as a page that is completely full with words and even some graphics, makes no sense at all.  

I have paid more than enough in the last three years that is worth more than 3 ink cartridges.  I should not be limited on how much pages I can print.  This service plan is full of **bleep** and deceiving.  

HP Recommended

@rofu05 

Yes, I understand you are upset.

It is unfortunate, of course, that you did not understand the service.

Consider:

If you decide to cancel >> please do read your Terms of Service contract for instructions how to do so correctly.

Stay Safe.

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a volunteer community workforce dedicated to supporting HP technology

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

[content removed]

Simply I'm paying for the ink, so I should not be restricted on how much pages I print.  Again I paid $180 in 3 years and only got 3 ink cartridges in that time. 

[content removed]

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.