Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 4520
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I received this as a gift. It came with a subscription to Instant Ink, which was required in order to use the printer. When the subscription ran out, I bought an HP cartridge at Staples, put it in the machine and printed a few pages. A day or two later, tired of the endless dang emails I receive from HP, I un-enrolled. Who needs it if you're buying cartridges elsewhere?

Well, apparently you HAVE to subject yourself to the endless harassment because HP turns your printer off if you unenroll.

That's unfortunate, because I'm unemployed and need to print resumes.

I'm now a slave to your company until I get a new job, buy a new printer, and start a campaign to free the rest of the world from your tyranny.

Bye bye, HP. You pushed your customers waaaay too far. I will not buy products from a company intent on inserting itself into every aspect of my life. You want too much access to my phone with your printing app, your ink cartridges don't print more than 25 pages, and you keep your customers on too short a leash - refusing access to the products we buy unless we submit to your whims.

Seems you aren't interested in being in business very long. Consumers aren't interested in this type of behavior. I won't be a customer again.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.