cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
JakeJ17
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Instant Ink charge for last month even though the printer died at the beginning of the month

HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 6968
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP OJ Pro 6968 died.  Unit stated that the ink system failed and I tried every solution that was provided, to no avail.  I was not able to use the printer, nor any more ink, for the last month, yet I was still charged for an additional month of usage.  HP can monitor the usage and can confirm that ink was not used so why an additional monthly charge?  I know that it's billed post usage, so if none was used, there shouldn't have been a bill.

1 REPLY 1
Bob_Headrick
Level 16
Level 16
33,306 26,661 2,425 8,957
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The Instant Ink subscription continues until it is canceled.  If you do not print any pages in a month (or less than the subscription amount) the pages are rolled over to the next month, up to a maximum of three months.

If you are not replacing the printer with another Instant Ink model you should cancel the service.  If you are replacing the printer there is a way to roll the service to a replacement printer. 

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation