Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
11-27-2022 02:44 PM - last edited on 11-29-2022 03:26 PM by RodrigoB
All visual indications on my printer are that it is connected to my network. My network is in fact connected to the Internet. But I keep getting prompts to connect to HP Connected to update Instant Ink status. When I try, I get a prompt saying printer is not connected to the Internet. This is preventing me from printing anything from my computer. I went through a lengthy HP online virtual troubleshooting which led nowhere. What's the solution??
11-30-2022 05:51 AM
Welcome to HP Support Community. This is a great place to post questions and find answers.
Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.
I see that you are facing issues with connecting your HP printer using instant ink cartridges to your HP connected account.
Please follow the steps listed below to remove and set up web services:
1. Open the embedded web server (EWS):
a. Find out the IP address or hostname of the printer by pressing the Information button (i) to print an Information page.
NOTE: The printer must be on a network and must have an IP address.
b. In a supported web browser on your computer, type the IP address or hostname assigned to the printer. For example, if the IP address is 22.214.171.124, type the following address into the web browser: http://126.96.36.199.
2. Click the Web Services tab, and then click Remove Web Services in the Web Services Settings section.
3. Click Remove Web Services.
4. Click Yes to remove Web Services from your printer.
You may also refer to this document to turn off web services: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04808536
5. Click the Web Services tab again.
7. If prompted, choose to allow the printer to check for and install printer updates.
8. When the printer is connected to the server, the printer prints an information page. Follow the instructions on the information page to finish the setup.
You may refer to this document to setup webservices: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c05329102
Let me know if this helps and have a nice day ahead.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!