Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended

How do I STOP getting the annoying alerts when my ink supplies are getting low. I'm smart enough to know that, and am capable of getting to a store to buy more ink. So far today ALONE I've received 19 notifications that my color ink supply is low. HOW DO I GET THE ALERTS TO STOP????

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hey there! @Su_R_17,

To continue printing, press OK on the printer control panel, or click OK on the computer screen to close the message and continue printing.

Replace low empty or faulty ink cartridges on the printer.

“Your Instant Ink account page has data on past deliveries and estimated shipments.  It also helps you understand what state your cartridges are in based on HP’s data.  Any issues will be shown with steps to fix.  Please check your account page to see the latest cartridge information by signing into your account at “instantink.com

Try the steps recommended below.

Open the Devices and Printers folder, right-click the HP UPD, and then select Properties.
Click the Device Settings tab.
In the Installable Options section, set Printer Status Notification to either Enable or Disable.
Click OK.

If you do not want to enroll in the Instant Ink service and you're seeing it during the printer software install, you can simply close the window prompting you to enroll. 

If you have not done so, please stop Web Services on the printer.

1. On your printer control panel, touch or press the HP ePrint icon or button, and then touch or press Settings.

If your printer control panel does not have an icon or button, navigate to Web Services Setup, Network Setup, or Wireless Settings to open the Web Services menu, depending on your printer model.

2. Select Turn Off, Disable, or Remove, depending on your printer model.

3. Follow the on-screen instructions to turn off Web Services.

HP Instant Ink > How to > Instant Ink > Manage Account > Turning Off Web Services

Optional - be sure Web Services is "off":

After you switch off Web Services, wait a minute and then switch off the printer.

Wait until the printer is completely shut down > wait a minute or two.

Switch on the printer.

Install all new HP ink -- replacing/installed "a" new ink won't do it -- all Instant Ink cartridges must be removed regardless of whether they have ink.

Refer this article to know more information about cancelling the instant ink account. Click Here

​​​​​

Take Care! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.